Tops Merch!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ranking System

+3
Yton
Zelda Twinzz
Hockman
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Ranking System Empty New Ranking System

Post  Hockman Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:32 am

Hey everyone. Zelda and I have been noticing that a lot of members lately just join for a bit and quickly go inactive. This is not only a problem for the security of our merch items, but it also really prevents this clan from growing in general. So we have decided to introduce the points system into this clan. It is a system whereby you earn points over time for loyalty, recruitment, etc. and can eventually become a lieutenant.

How to earn points:

- +2 points are automatically given to each member for ever day they visit the forums.
- +10 points will be given for every successful member recruit.*
- Discretionary points: Zelda and I will constantly be on the lookout for people who are contributing to the clan community in general. We can choose to allocate points to whoever we feel is going above and beyond the required (item checks, activity checks, etc.) You might earn points for things such as: making a useful merch guide, helping others in the clan junk trade, constantly bumping our rs recruitment thread (quick-find code: 93-94-522-60056816), etc. The amount of points earned in this category is also up to our discretion, but clearly we will try to reward you accordingly.

*Note on member recruitment: whenever you refer a member to post an app on our forum, make sure you tell them to put your name down as the one who referred you so you can get credit. Points will only be given if we accept their app.

We also really want to encourage and increase forum activity. We have the capability to incorporate this into the points system by giving points whenever someone posts or creates a new topic, but we thought that this would likely lead to simply a massive amount of 1 line responses, which is not what we want. We must also take into account the quality of the content you post. So this is where the Reputation system comes in:

Basically, whenever anyone creates a new topic for some advice, discussion, or otherwise, they will be able to to give reputation points to the person who is most active/helpful in that thread via the THANKS BUTTON. The thanks button will appear next to "quote" on each response (only the creator of that topic can view it). When someone is "thanked", they will automatically receive 3 reputation points.

Becoming a Lieutenant:

Becoming a lieutenant will require time invested into this clan (not just investing). The privileges of the "lieutenant rank" will consist of access to a separate section of the forum where they can discuss possible items, clan changes, etc. The merch items will also be released to the lieutenants earlier than the rest of the clan (how much earlier depends on the item and how much stock we believe they will be able to accumulate in this time-frame). We may also add additional privileges for lieutenants.

To become a lieutenant:
-You must be a member for at least 90 days
-You must have a minimum of 600 points

Once you meet these basic requirements, you may post an application for a rank. You will be considered on the basis of these criteria^ as well as your reputation. We aren't sure exactly how to put a cutt-off on the reputation points, but do realize that it will also be heavily considered when reviewing your app. In other words, meeting these^ requirements will not guarantee you a rank, but will make you seriously considered.

As you can see, 600 points will take a long time to reach if you simply passively visit the forums every day. So basically, the more recruiting you do, the faster you will see your points go up. (This clan could use A LOT of recruiting)

Ok, so that's all we have for now. Keep in mind, we are new to this system just like you, so if there is anything you notice that we may have overlooked or you see any way that this system could be improved, don't hesitate to share.

Thanks,
-Hockman

Last edited by Hockman on Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Hockman

Back to top Go down

New Ranking System Empty Re: New Ranking System

Post  Zelda Twinzz Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:39 am

woohoo Smile

Zelda Twinzz

https://topsmerch.0wn0.com

Back to top Go down

New Ranking System Empty nice

Post  Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:43 am

very kwl idea, that sounds kwl ut tbh realy u need a cc this shows superiority over others and shows hu is trying hard, also if sum1 gains the rank then every1 elses notices and trys harder.

people also like to join the cc to see how big the clan is like if u recruit sum1 they can join and see members talk 2 them get to know the clan.

(i forgot about the forum even know thats how i found u il start bumping every hour or so)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:00 am

do agree, there should be a cc. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Zelda Twinzz Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:01 am

Lukestaar1 wrote:do agree, there should be a cc. Very Happy

the cc is:tops merch

we just re-opened it Very Happy

Zelda Twinzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:02 am

Zelda Twinzz wrote:

Oh I see. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Yton Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:16 am

Lukestaar1 wrote:
Zelda Twinzz wrote:

Oh I see. Very Happy

finally there are more people in cc Surprised
Yton
Yton

Back to top Go down

Post  Yton Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:18 am

Hockman wrote:Hey everyone. Zelda and I have been noticing that a lot of members lately just join for a bit and quickly go inactive. This is not only a problem for the security of our merch items, but it also really prevents this clan from growing in general. So we have decided to introduce the points sysyem into this clan. It is a system whereby you earn points over time for loyalty, recruitment, etc. and can eventually become a lieutenant.

sysyem -- System

rofl
Yton
Yton

Back to top Go down

New Ranking System Empty lol

Post  Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:21 am

didnt know we had a english teacher in the clan =p

-10 points for spelling mistakes =p

Back to top Go down

Post  Yton Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:39 am

CRYSiiS wrote:didnt know we had a english teacher in the clan =p

-10 points for spelling mistakes =p

well accually I found the word by just reading the whole story.
Yton
Yton

Back to top Go down

New Ranking System Empty k

Post  Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:49 am

lol kk

Back to top Go down

Post  diepalpatine Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:06 am

Great idea! Roughly speaking, to become a lieutenant, one needs to work on two things: accumulate points and gain reputation. Then he/she will be entitled to discuss clan matters and get notified the merch item earlier.

However, I think being a loyal member with less reputation also deserves some privilege. For instance, if someone has accumulated 600 points but with not much reputation, he/she deserves to know the merch item earlier than the new comers.

I suggest we have two ranks: (1). lieutenant who can participate clan decision making (or something like that) as well as get notified the merch item earlier. (2). Loyal member with 600 points who only has privilege of knowing merch item earlier. Anyway, just a suggestion.

diepalpatine

Back to top Go down

Post  Yton Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:24 am

diepalpatine wrote:Great idea! Roughly speaking, to become a lieutenant, one needs to work on two things: accumulate points and gain reputation. Then he/she will be entitled to discuss clan matters and get notified the merch item earlier.

However, I think being a loyal member with less reputation also deserves some privilege. For instance, if someone has accumulated 600 points but with not much reputation, he/she deserves to know the merch item earlier than the new comers.

I suggest we have two ranks: (1). lieutenant who can participate clan decision making (or something like that) as well as get notified the merch item earlier. (2). Loyal member with 600 points who only has privilege of knowing merch item earlier. Anyway, just a suggestion.

nice suggestion! but I think that 600 points is too easy. Just post 30 posts a day and you will earn it in like 5 days. We should make a nother rule : something like 20-30 rep points means instant being an Lieutenant. think about it.
Yton
Yton

Back to top Go down

Post  diepalpatine Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:23 pm

As mentioned by Hockman, everyone can post but the quality of suggestions or comments varys. So if you post suggestions in forum that counts as reputation points. If you are active for long time, that counts as loyality points. If you stay active for almost a year, you will get 600 loyality points and you will become a loyal member. The sole privilege of a loyal member is to know the merch item earlier than new comers or non-loyal members. I think that is not too much to ask for a member to be with us for a year.

diepalpatine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hockman Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:27 pm

diepalpatine, as I mentioned above, we have not entirely decided on how exactly reputation points will factor in. Keep in mind, If you are a member for a year like you said, you will naturally accumulate reputation over time (provided you actively participate in forums).

we will not change it so that reputation points alone will grant a rank. the points requirement is more important.

Hockman

Back to top Go down

Post  Zelda Twinzz Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:41 am

I think we should also give reputation points, if people recruited someone.

I am the only recruiter right now, but some people that want to ask their friends about this merchant clan, would be appreciated.

Zelda Twinzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Esrapk Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:09 am

Always good to have a system for these sort of things. But maby it would be better if you took buying power in account as well, because people may not be as likely to invest over 100m in 1 item if there won't be enough chance to make profit on that merch, and it would be better for the merch as well. Cool

~ Esrapk/Corper

Esrapk

Back to top Go down

Post  diepalpatine Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:21 am

@Esrapk, I think if the merch item is identified by clan leaders, it is the policy of our clan that everyone has to invest their cash on the order of 100m for that item. If you only have 100m cash, you should leave some cash for junk trade.

diepalpatine

Back to top Go down

Post  Esrapk Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:17 am

What I meant was that a person with say 800m cash has more buying power than a guy with 100m and that when you would notify the guy with 800m earlier, maby the merch would be a bigger success, because he would invest more. I hope it makes sense, but you get the point Cool

Esrapk

Back to top Go down

Post  diepalpatine Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:19 am

@Esrapk, agree with you on that point. However, it maybe difficult to set up a rule as how to grant points in proportional to the amount of money invested.

diepalpatine

Back to top Go down

Post  xbuildabongx Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:34 am

i think "loyal" members should get to know the item first. Bigger buying power means more crashing power. Just because your rich dose not mean u wont dump on us early. How everything is set up right now is prefect. If you build up rep you will get the item early.

xbuildabongx

Back to top Go down

Post  Yton Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:36 am

xbuildabongx wrote:i think "loyal" members should get to know the item first. Bigger buying power means more crashing power. Just because your rich dose not mean u wont dump on us early. How everything is set up right now is prefect. If you build up rep you will get the item early.

I agree with this post but when we do this the item is much earlier bought out and this means less money for the recruits
Yton
Yton

Back to top Go down

Post  Hockman Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:39 am

esrapk, if we operated under the assumption that everyone in this clan was 100% loyal, then indeed your idea will allow us to get the best rises. However, money is NOT an indication of loyalty. In fact it often works backwards since rich players are more likely to make decisions to increase self-wealth rather than for the clan as a whole.

For this reason, wealth is not a factor in becoming a rank.

Hockman

Back to top Go down

Post  Esrapk Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:44 am

Fair enough Wink

Esrapk

Back to top Go down

Post  diepalpatine Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:46 am

Whether a person gets a rep point does not mean much before he/she become a lieutenant. One of the criteria to become lieutenant is the loyality points. As Hockman mentioned, it takes at least 3 months to become lieutenant regardless of the points you have. To me, this guy is loyal to our clan if he stays with us for 3 months. On top of that, this guy can become lieutenant faster (for instance 6 months instead of 8 months) if he invests more. I think this is not unreasonable.

diepalpatine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum